Dear Vajra Sisters and Brothers, worldwide:
We are currently in the process of building the International Dzogchen Community (IDC) organization according to Rinpoche’s vision of a Global Mandala. For this reason, the International Gakyil is seeking six highly-qualified individuals to serve as members of the IDC’s new Management Systems Committee (MSC).
The MSC’s mission is to design, build, and implement at a global level the methods and processes by which the IDC operates.
Among other responsibilities, key elements of this mission include:
- Proposing the strategy, and designing the landscape and architecture for the organization and management systems of the IDC and the IG at the global level
- Proposing, designing, communicating, implementing, and overseeing global standards and guidelines for IDC and IG services, products and processes
- Designing, implementing and maintaining the best management methods and tools to ensure that the IDC and the IG are efficient, effective, high-quality operations, which, we hope, everyone will appreciate
To meet this challenging mission, we seek to recruit Dzogchen Community members, or friends of the Community who have had transmission, who have significant professional experience with (and passion for) best practices in more than one of these fields:
- Business Architecture (including IT Alignment)
- Business Analysis and Requirements Management
- Process Design and Improvement
- Organizational Design and Transformation
- Change Leadership in complex organizations
- Project and Portfolio Management
- Human Resources Management
- Corporate Training and Skills Development
- Leadership Development
- Knowledge Management
- Product and Service Design
- Service Quality Management and Improvement
- Documentation and Knowledge Management Design
- Team Leadership
Since the MSC has a foundational role, we are looking for:
- productive “team players” of a positive, open-hearted nature, who
- enjoy building new, real-world things from concepts, and are
- comfortable collaborating in a structured manner as a virtual, global team, and
- who can deliver high-quality work products in a dependable manner.
What Can You Expect?
We ask that each member be willing to commit to serving up to three renewable, one-year terms on a karma yoga basis. Each member of the Committee will at different times serve as designer, leader, and get-your-hands-dirty grassroots do-er. Time commitment will vary on a monthly basis depending on the progress of the committee’s overall workload and an individual’s share in it. Travel is not anticipated but the ability to collaborate effectively in virtual teams through the Internet is important.
All team members should:
- have unlimited access to a personal computer with MS-Office 2010 or higher, webcam, and conferencing software,
- have reliable, high-speed access to the Internet, and
- be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite of products (especially Word and PowerPoint; proficiency in Visio and Microsoft Project is desirable).
Awareness of, and sensitivity to, differing cultural norms relating to work and of a diversity of personal communications styles is essential, as is fluency in English.
If you are interested or know someone who might be a good candidate, please e-mail a letter-of-introduction and a current professional CV or resume to email@example.comÂ by no later than Friday, 30 August.
In the cover letter, please clearly state specifically how the candidate’s professional background aligns with the needed skills listed above.
We hope to hold our first team meeting in early September. Until then, we will eagerly anticipate beginning a wonderful collaboration for the benefit of the whole Community and, as always, for all sentient beings, everywhere.
Yours in service,
Scott Townell and Roberto Zamparo
Red International Gakyil