Approved by Rinpoche on 6 May 2017
This is the the short description of what was agreed by Rinpoche regarding how to use internet in the context of Teaching:
- Using the internet to connect for teachings and instructions is normal in modern society. So we should try to move forward using it in the correct way. What is essential is that these sessions are led by an Authorised Teacher / Instructor.
- The internet can also be used to link more than one location together, such as several Lings linking to a Gar where the Authorised Teacher / Instructor is teaching. Therefore more people are able to participate in the course without travelling.
- It is also possible for Authorised Teachers / Instructors to teach private lessons one on one, both in person and by internet. This activity should be self-managed by Authorised Teachers / Instructors.
- In all cases, what is most important is that teaching via internet is about practicing, learning or deepening a Teaching that has already been received live from an Authorised Teacher / Instructor.
- Still, all exams and Instructor supervisions must be live, in front of an Authorised Teacher. No Teacher’s Training can be done via internet / webcast.
- All of these points also apply to SMS Instructors and practice teaching sessions.
- Prices for courses taught by 4 International Teachers will be determined in the normal way by International Gakyil (IG). Prices for private lessons are a private matter between student and teacher, this aspect is not managed by IG.
Longer, bit more detailed version you can find clicking here.